[dev] conflics with libpq

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Sun Sep 16 21:51:56 MSD 2007

Igor Sysoev ha scritto:
> On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 07:02:55PM +0200, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>
> [...]
>>> If nginx is built on Linux it may be due to
>>>
>>> #define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS  64
>> Yes, I'm un Linux Debian Etch.
>
> All modules are built with _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64.
> Your module with libpq inclusion before nginx headers is built with
> _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 32.

But:
$grep -r _FILE_OFFSET_BITS /usr/include/postgresql/
/usr/include/postgresql/pg_config.h:#define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64

> By the way how do you use libpq - in blocking on none-blocking mode ?

For now in blocking mode.

This for three reasons:
1) It is simpler
2) You can execute a new asyncronous command only after the previous one
    has been completed.
    However it is not clear from
    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/libpq-async.html
    if this is a limitation of PQsendQuery only.

    The problem is that the PostgreSQL protocol does allow multiple
    requests, but since commands are not tagged it is problematic
    to figure out what is happening.
3) I have yet to understand how the nginx event module works and how
    to register my events given an existing opened socket

Regards  Manlio Perillo