Nginx on Solaris 10 x86 64

Wayne E. Seguin wayneeseguin at
Mon Sep 17 21:39:21 MSD 2007

I just tried compiling nginx on Solaris 10 and ran into this:

$ /sbin/nginx -V nginx: fatal: open failed: No such file or

./configure --sbin-path=/sbin --with-debug ; make ; make install

The configuration found libpcre and it exists:

$ ls -la /usr/local/lib/
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          16 Sep  7 21:06 /usr/local/lib/ ->

There were no errors / warnings during compilation.

I'm not sure what is going on here so any suggestions as to what
might be causing this would be appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Wayne E. Seguin
Sr. Systems Architect & Systems Administrator