Nginx on Solaris 10 x86 64

Adrian Perez de Castro adrianperez at
Tue Sep 18 23:26:30 MSD 2007

El Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:05:48 -0400
"Wayne E. Seguin" <wayneeseguin at> escribió:

> On Sep 18, 2007, at 14:34 , Igor Sysoev wrote:
> > OK. BTW, how PCRE was installed ? Is it some standard package ?
> No. I had to self compile pcre and zlib, and I did so using
> --prefix=/ usr/local.
> I do this in linux also but it works there fine.

I think this is because the linker used in Linux (and other
systems which use glibc as "native" C library) will search at run-time
for libraries with the required name in the paths specified
in /etc/ Probably the Solaris one behaves differently (I had
no chance of using Solaris yet, so I can only guess).

Adrian Perez de Castro               <adrianperez at>
Oficina de Software Libre
Universidade da Coruña