Requests with full URIs

James Oakley jfunk at
Mon Sep 24 18:26:29 MSD 2007

I've noticed that Nginx supports full URIs in requests, which is great, since
I need to be able to respond to proxy requests.

I have noticed one problem, though. If I request a URI like so:

curl -x

It works, and I get the correct response (I'm using empty_gif to test this)

If I leave the trailing slash, however, I get a 400 instead:

curl -x
<center><h1>400 Bad Request</h1></center>

I have attached a patch that appears to fix the problem, but I have only just
started looking at the code and I have no idea whether this was the correct
way to fix it.

James Oakley
jfunk at