proxy_set_header inheritance not working?

Mark James mrj at bigpond.net.au
Fri Apr 11 18:07:04 MSD 2008

Maxim Dounin wrote:

> Quoting has nothing to do with variable expansion.  Variable expansion
> happens unconditionally if it's supported for particular parameter.
> This is usually documented on per-directive basis.

OK, so quotes are really only needed for parameters that
have either white space or their own quotes.

> Please note: quoting supported for directive arguments, but not for
> complex entities within them.  E.g. the following won't work:
>
> upstream test {
>    server 127.0.0.1:8080 max_fails="10";
> }

So would you have to write:

   server 127.0.0.1:8080 'max_fails="10"';

to ensure the double quotes aren't treated specially?

I came across this myself with P3P headers. e.g.

   add_header P3P 'CP="ALL CUR"'