"Hacking" the event model of Nginx

François Battail fb at francois.battail.name
Sat Apr 12 22:44:30 MSD 2008

Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at ...> writes:

> If you need "speed", try my WSGI module.
> http://hg.mperillo.ath.cx/nginx/mod_wsgi/

First, thanks a lot for your reply. Well, I believe Python is a great language
but I will keep C (I was considering using assembly language!) because I will be
able to have *zero copy* between my database buffers and my xml to xhtml
translation, I already know where the bottleneck is and that's why I made this
choice.

> Give at look at:
> http://hg.mperillo.ath.cx/nginx/mod_wsgi/file/tip/src/ngx_wsgi.c
> row 850.

Well, I'm not too sure it's relevant to my case but I will investigate in depth;
thanks to share your knowledge.

> Is my_http_worker in a separate thread?
> Then this will not work, Nginx is not thread safe.

Yes there are separate threads launched for each Nginx worker process, it's not
an issue as a request is linked to a worker process, just a matter of mutex;
nothing to scare me! The mix using non preemptive model and worker thread is
very interesting but not so easy to do.

Thanks for your kind reply,

Best regards