OT: 'best' dynamic language

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Wed Apr 23 01:43:40 MSD 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 22:26 +0200, Manlio Perillo wrote:
> Cliff Wells ha scritto:
> > On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 13:07 +0200, Manlio Perillo wrote:
> >
> >> The problem with reverse proxy is that you need another server, and this
> >> server is usually written in Python, and most of the time it uses
> >> threads for concurrency, so it's not the best solution (unless, of
> >> course, you don't run a whole "cluster" of servers, like Ruby
> >> programmers like to do)
> >
> > FAPWS is a non-threaded, libevent-based WSGI server:
> >
> > http://william-os4y.livejournal.com/
> >
> > I've tested it and it is quite fast (~5000 req/s is achievable on decent
> > hardware).
> >

> What type of application have you tested?

I've only done testing with minimal "hello, world" type apps.  The
author claims to have run a simple Django app (wiki) under it with a
significant performance increase over other methods.

> One limitation of FAPWS (like Twisted) is that it is single process.

The author is working on this aspect.  Personally I'd simply
load-balance several instances behind Nginx, but he wants to do it
within FAPWS.

Regards,
Cliff