Need Help Configuring Nginx to run Wordpress

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 11:05:56 MSD 2008

In my experience:

It ignores the PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS completely
It didn't kill the children properly

Running php-fpm is the best, it's "done right"

2nd best - just set the two PHP_FCGI* vars and use "sudo -u $user
php-cgi -b $port" - it actually recycles the engines properly. I see
absolutely NO need for some extra thing. I set up my php engines in
Ubuntu upstart files. You could use init too, if you wanted. To ensure
it's running at boot.. or do something else.

You'd have to do the same with spawn-fcgi anyway.,