Need Help Configuring Nginx to run Wordpress

Todd HG lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Apr 25 11:24:20 MSD 2008

Rob Schultz wrote:
> Todd HG wrote:
>>
>> short_open_tag = On
>>
>> Because nothing else is jumping out at me I thought I'd entertain your
>> suggestion, so I switched to the default theme that comes with Wordpress
>> 2.5, and ran into exactly the same issue as before. I've checked every
>> tag, and they are all correct. I know because I wrote every line of my
>> own theme, and the default wordpress theme appears to be correct as
>> well.
>>
>> In my opinion, if Nginx doesn't have a tutorial clearly explaining how
>> to configure and use Nginx with Wordpress, which is the number one blog
>> script software in the world, then Nginx isn't ready for prime time.
>> Nginx won't be widely accepted and used until it's Wordpress friendly
>> with a proper tutorial, and support. I would love to write it and post
>> it on my tech site, but I can't seem to even solve my own issue, and no
>> one appears to be able to help.
>>
>> Nginx either works with Wordpress or it doesn't. That's not very
>> friendly, or practical. Static websites are a minority these days.
> It is not Nginx's responsibility to create guides for different
> frameworks / applications its the Frameworks / applications that should
> provide the guide to run it on X server. Nginx is a Web Server that
> supports FastCGI, Reverse proxy'ing.
>
> But to test, it took ~ 25 mins to get a full Wordpress blog up and
> running (first time ever) on my nginx installation. I just followed
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress#Famous_5-Minute_Install
> and then used this to setup search friendly URL's.
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.nginx.english/637

Hi Rob,

Since you were able to successfully get Nginx to run Wordpress, would
you mind posting your config file?

I've been running Wordpress under Apache for several years, it's just
running it under Nginx I'm having trouble with. Perhaps if I see a lot
of different config files I'll eventually solve my own problem. I'd
really like to use Nginx, since I have a very high volume site that
requires two servers.