fastcgi, simply wrong

Alexandre Girao alexgirao at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 16:03:26 MSD 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 5:02 AM, Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru> wrote:
> Hello!
>

>  On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 01:11:26AM -0300, Alexandre Girao wrote:
>

> > Hi folks,
> >
> >  i've just dedicated some hours upon the nginx behavior/source code
> > (version 0.6.29, but also happens to 0.5.35)
> >  towards fastcgi protocol and discovered that the requestId is fixed,
> > it's simple always equal do 1, this break the
> >

>  Since nginx doesn't send more than one request within single connection to
> FastCGI application - there is nothing wrong with requestId always being 1.

ok, but my application (which btw works perfectly with
lighttpd/apache) tracks request state based on the request id, just as
specification says, if i change my application to track request states
based on connection.. geee.. this is ugly

>  See http://www.fastcgi.com/devkit/doc/fcgi-spec.html#S3.3 for details.
> Quote:
>
>  % The Web server re-uses FastCGI request IDs; the application
>  % keeps track of the current state of each request ID on a given
>  % transport connection.

the specification is not saying that the webserver can fix the request
id, it simple says that after a request id is over (full life cycle)
it can be reused, indeed, this just reinforces my previous paragraph..
that i need to track request state based on the request id

the spec says "the application keeps track of the current state of
each request ID" not "the application keeps track of the current state
of each transport connection"