Need Help Configuring Nginx to run Wordpress

Todd HG lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Apr 25 17:01:10 MSD 2008

Igor Clark wrote:
> On 25 Apr 2008, at 04:55, Todd HG wrote:
>>
>> Nginx either works with Wordpress or it doesn't. That's not very
>> friendly, or practical. Static websites are a minority these days.
>

> [igor at igor ~ 585]$ curl -I http://wordpress.com/
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Server: nginx/0.6.29
> Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 09:54:19 GMT

The people coming here to post comments defending Nginx is very
nonproductive. In my first thread requesting the same assistance we
already established Wordpress migrated to Nginx, which only frustrates
me further.

Rather than beat a dead horse, make it easier to setup Wordpress to run
under Nginx by offering more suggestions to help people like me to get
it running. I've already tried the standard approaches, which is why I'm
here.

Like I said, Nginx either works, or it doesn't, since no one is willing
to do a thorough documentation of the process. I would, and I would post
it on my tech site, but I can't seem to get adequate help from the REAL
experts, only some who have succeeded in an simple way, and others who
simply want to defend Nginx, which I have used for a year to serve
images, rather than offering constructive help.

Is this an example of how helpful this forum is? I thought it was more
than that?