Need Help Configuring Nginx to run Wordpress

Igor Clark igor at pokelondon.com
Fri Apr 25 18:14:12 MSD 2008

Hi Todd,

I simply pointed out that nginx clearly does work with Wordpress. If
you're trying to get it to do so, you might take the knowledge that it
can be done as an indication that you don't need to give up yet, or
indeed to start declaring quite so soon that "nginx isn't ready for
prime time" because you can't get one particular application to work
with it.

Regarding your particular problem, from my personal experience with
PHP and nginx, it doesn't sound like a problem with nginx and
Wordpress per se, but rather a PHP/FCGI/nginx logging issue. I've had
the "blank page" error with PHP and nginx on a number of occasions,
and having spent a while tracking down the error, I've usually found
that it's some PHP error which is being hidden for some reason, I
suspect related to fastcgi_intercept_errors or similar. PHP's error
logging seems strangely unpredictable to me sometimes; first step is
obviously to make sure that log_errors is on, the error_reporting
setting is correct, and you set error_log to somewhere specific.

Incidentally, this isn't a forum, it's a mailing list which is
delivered to people's personal inboxes, and you're reading it through
a web-forum interface. That might be why you find you sometimes get
strong reactions when you make strong statements of opinion.

Good luck getting it working.
Igor