Question on Empty GIF module

Rt Ibmer rtibmx at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 23:02:44 MSD 2008

>>Is it possible to have the post_action be load balanced across a
>>set of backend servers (like the way proxy_pass works) or will it
>>only work with one specific server?  If that later is the case,

>You may specify any uri for proxy_pass, and it will be served almost
>as regular request (with the exception that results won't be
>served to client).  So you may do everything you want with it -
>including proxy_pass'ing to load-balanced cluster of backends.

OK, I think I understand. Looking back at what you posted originally...

location / {
     empty_gif;
     post_action /post;
}

location = /post {
     internal;
     proxy_pass http://my_upstream_servers;
}

That would in fact do what I wanted, correct?

Also there was little information on what the keyword internal does if you happened to have any info that would be helpful.  Thanks again!

Be a better friend, newshound, and