nginx mercurial mirror

Maxim Dounin mdounin at
Mon Aug 4 01:33:34 MSD 2008

On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 10:14:24PM +0200, Manlio Perillo wrote:

> Maxim Dounin ha scritto:
>> Hello!
>> On Sat, Aug 02, 2008 at 11:41:42PM +0200, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>>> I have published a Mercurial mirror of Nginx:
>>> It should contain the *full* history of Nginx.
>> Do you have problems with*?  It
>> really contains all versions and works AFAIK.
> No, just forgot ;).

>> [...]
>> You may find them here:
> Where did you get them?

Found somewhere, can't recall exactly - I did it almost year ago.
They aren't on Igor's site for some reason, but they were public
and can't be lost.  :)

I checked them - they are really original archives.  Archive for
0.3.59 may be easily verified against checksums recorded in
FreeBSD ports tree:;content-type=text%2Fplain

I'm not aware of checksums for 0.1.0, but diffs looks ok.

>>> 2) The "merge" of the 0.6.x version from the "old" development branch to
>>>    the "new" stable branch has been done with:
>>>       # Merge the 0.6.x development branch in the stable branch
>>>       # XXX check me: the merge will fail so we only update.
>>>       #     The repository will have two heads
>>>       hg push -R nginx-development -f
>>>       hg update -R nginx-stable -C
>>>    So, this is not a real merge, and I'm not sure if this is the right
>>>    thing to do.
>> I don't really think it's right thing to do since no real merge
>> happened.
> Right, in fact the history is "wrong" for the stable branch.
> Before 0.6.0 there is 0.5.36, instead of 0.5.25.
> And I also forgot to delete extra files removed after the 'update -C'!
> > [...]
>> I think the better aproach is to maintain numbered branches.
> I don't usually use branches, so I'm not expert.
> Can you post the istructions used to build the mirrors?

Here is the ugly perl script I use:

./ --repo <repository> --changes <path/to/CHANGES>

It expects distfiles and <repository> to be under current dir.
You have to gunzip/untar last version before import to supply CHANGES
file to script.  Script is ugly one, so please use with care (and
read source before you do - this is the only docs available).

Please note: to reproduce imports on should use exactly (almost)
same script runs, since CHANGES file aren't append-only and
therefore changelog recorded in repository may not be the same for
re-import with CHANGES from other versions.

Maxim Dounin