Please help me get FastCGI working with nginx

Rt Ibmer rtibmx at
Tue Aug 5 05:06:02 MSD 2008

> purposely request a PHP page that doesn't exist (as a
> test) the browser returns "No input file
> specified." instead of the standard 404 page?
> You need
>     fastcgi_intercept_errors  on;

Thanks. I did that, but then had to also use the error_page directive to point it at my 404.php page.

However this has the undesirable effect of then changing the URL in the browser to 404.php.

Is there a way I can have nginx return the content of my 404.php page as the output, so the user still sees their bad page in the URL (i.e. instead of

Thank you.