upload module 2.0.4

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 03:03:40 MSD 2008

On 8/6/08, Valery Kholodkov <valery+nginxen at grid.net.ru> wrote:

Hi there - how could this work with PUT method?

Basically I need to be able to PUT files of various sizes - from a few
bytes to 2GB, maybe more someday.

We'd like the webserver to accept it via PUT and then feed the
location of the file to PHP so PHP can do the post processing (file
rename, input the metadata into database, etc.)

I want to use nginx for this.  Not sure if a third party module like
yours is required or not. Right now, I can do a simple single file PUT
to a php script and use php://input to open the stream. However large
files will consume all the PHP script resources I believe if it has to
accept all the data (unless the upload client is smart enough to spoon
feed it in certain chunks...)

Is this understandable? I've kind of gone off the deep end here now.