Markus Teichmann jmt at
Wed Aug 20 01:52:13 MSD 2008

here is another version. It supports an user for searching the required
dn. The config statements are auth_ldap_bind_dn and auth_ldap_bind_passwd.

http {
     auth_ldap_uri "ldap://";
     auth_ldap_bind_dn "cn=Manager,dc=chaos,dc=jmt";
     auth_ldap_bind_passwd "xxxxxxx";

     server {
         listen       80;
         server_name  localhost;
         location / {
             auth_ldap "LDAP Request";
             #auth_ldap_uri "ldap://";
             auth_ldap_dn "ou=People,dc=chaos,dc=jmt";
             auth_ldap_attribute "uid";
             require ldap-user;

             root   html;
             index  index.html index.htm;

One comment on the require statement: I implemented it this way,
because I like to add a "require ldap-group" feature later. But next step
is async and bugfix.

best regards,

Markus Teichmann

Markus Teichmann                                Tel: +49  172 301 31 56
Knebelweg 16
31135 Hildesheim                                Email: jmt at