Connection reset by server

Adam Setzler adam.setzler at
Sat Aug 23 22:56:16 MSD 2008

I figured it out... Here's what was happening.

I was setting the expiration of certain file extensions to 30 days with:

location ~* ^.+.(jpg|jpeg|gif|css|png|js|ico)$ {
                access_log        off;
                expires           30d;

So, when the AJAX function was posting to upload/js, Nginx thought it was a
static file, so Nginx threw a 405 Not Allowed.  Why?  Because I failed to
escape the "." (any character) before js, so upload/js was the same as

Correct regexp:

location ~* ^.+*\*.(jpg|jpeg|gif|css|png|js|ico)$ {
                access_log        off;
                expires           30d;

Thanks for the insight, everyone.

-- Adam

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something
else is more important than fear." — Ambrose Redmoon