Nginx + Mercurial + $path_info

Bubulino Werty lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Aug 28 14:28:38 MSD 2008

Hi guys,
the last couple of days I've been working on a Mercurial repository
behind nginx (via fastCGI) and it has been working absolutely fine. Now
I had to move my /www/ directory for the repository and can't get it to
work again.

I think(!) I have a problem with the $path_info variable.

As you can see on http://mercurial.progenica.net/ the repository
"buschi" points at "http://buschi/", whereas it should point at
"http://mercurial.progenica.net/buschi". Also, if you browse latter url,
all other links are broken as well, with an additional "//buschi/"
prefixed to every url.

I tried several variables for PATH_INFO, but none of them work.
Interestingly I had it working before, but I messed something up.

location / {

                fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:10000;
                include /usr/local/nginx/conf/fastcgi_params;
                fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $uri;
        }

Has anyone got any clues?

Thanks