Howto block Range request header

Phuwadon Danrahan phuwadon at sanookonline.co.th
Thu Dec 18 09:53:55 MSK 2008

Hi All,

I'm running NGinx with PHP fastcgi to provide file download by using
"X-Accel-Redirect". Almost all of our users use download manager such as
Flashget, Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) which try to open the second
and later requests with "Range:" header. Previously, we handled the
blocking of Range request header at PHP script but the performance was
very poor and sometimes we got 500 internal server error because of php
fastcgi poor performance.

I wonder, is there any configuration that can block "Range" http header
at Nginx? If there is a solution, it would help improve the service
performance.

I could do this at Apache & Lighttpd but i prefer to run NGinx instead
of those web servers.

Thank you.
Phuwadon