beta testing for mod_wsgi

Adrian Perez adrianperez at udc.es
Thu Feb 7 06:17:34 MSK 2008

El Mon, 28 Jan 2008 18:33:27 +0100
Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it> escribió:

> Adrian Perez ha scritto:
> > El Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:47:29 +0100
> > Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it> escribió:
> >
> >> The module name is built from the name of the location used,
> >> replacing '/' with '_'.
> >>
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> I have to admit that I have never thought about this
> >> possibility ;-).
> >
> > I see. Only if "auth_basic" and "auth_basic_user_file" could be used
> > inside an "if" context, we could workaround this... I think WSGI
> > authentication middleware could be used as well, as long as the
> > middleware allows to only limit some URLs ;-)
> >

> You can set the middleware stack inside a specific location.

Just letting you know: I have been able of workaround this by using the
AccountManager plugin (http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/AccountManagerPlugin)
which performs authentication by itself. Now I only need to define
trac.env_parent_dir and make a "wsgi_pass" to the Trac handler, without
additional "location" directives for authentication  ;-)

> The WSGI implementation for Apache computes the md5 hash of the
> script full path name, but maybe I can just use the path name,
> replacing '/' with '_'.
>
> I have to think (unfortunately lately I have very little free time to
> dedicate to the development of mod_wsgi).

I think this is not an urgent issue, now I have found the
aforementioned Trac plugin, hehe. Thanks again for your great work on
mod_wsgi :)

--
The Force will be with you, always.
        -- (Ben "Obi-Wan" Kenobi)