weird redirect

Almir Karic redduck666 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 08:36:43 MSK 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Martin Schut <nginx at wommm.nl> wrote:
> > reading the docs helped (surprise, surprise), thanks :-)
>  >
>  > perhaps it would be a good idea to allow nginx to apply more than one
>  > configuration at a time?
>  That would create unreadable config files, I think.
>
>  Consider:
>

>  location /~redduck666 {
>         alias /home/redduck666/static_html;
>  }
>

> location ~ .ogg$ {
>         access_log /var/log/nginx/ogg.log;
>         alias /home/redduck666/oggs;
>  }
>
>   From which root should /~redduck666/<anything>.ogg be served?
>  You probably will usggest the last location specified but this will become
>  cumbersome when other config-files are included.

ok, i see where are you coming from, and i have to agree that you have
a valid point, however saying that the configuration will become
cumbersome is IMHO wrong, it *might* become cumbersome (depending on
how you write it), on the other hand it would give you the benefits
such as being able to do something based on 'location' ( /some/thing )
and based on extension (.ogg in my example)

--
error: one bad user found in front of screen