How to transfer a normal HTTP request to HTTPS?

Mustafa Toraman lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Feb 22 14:51:15 MSK 2008

Hello all,

I am using nginx/0.5.35 + FastCGI. I need to transfer a normal http
request to ssl mode. For example;

I own a bittorrent tracker and i need to work with ssl on announces. So
then if someone trying to send an announce to http://domain/announce.php
then how can i transfer it to SSL mode? I dont want to change announce
URL but announce.php must work on SSL mode. Will it transfer this
request to ssl inside of the box? Or will it works on background?

Simply how to work with ssl on a normal http address?

I'm ready to pay for that or say a thanks :)

Thank you for now!