How to transfer a normal HTTP request to HTTPS?

Mustafa Toraman lists at
Fri Feb 22 15:56:52 MSK 2008

Thank you for your quick reply Mr. Georgiev,

I start my nginx configured with ssl. It is accepting HTTPS requests
well. Btw i have no idea about rewrite to redirect diffrent requests on
ports with internal rewrite.

HTTP is accepting port 80 and SSL 443. So then i dont want to get load
with X2 requests with an external redirect.

So , what is the correct rewrite code for internet transfer? Simply how
to work announce.php request on SSL without any external rewrite.

Thank you!