high bandwidth configuration help

Sun Feb 24 12:47:02 MSK 2008

Hi

thanks for all the replies! i should have provided more details but I was in
dispair and it was late at night, have clear head now after good sleep.

Ok heres info requested, the servers (i have another 6 pushing 120~mbit
average with lighttpd 1.4 compiled now, all servers same config)

OS: Suse 10.3 (minimal, i have barely anything installed and allmost
everythign compiled by me)  http://pastebin.com/m41b5a046

Applications Running:
*nginx_0.5.35 (compiled http://pastebin.com/m6462475a )  used for file
downloads
*php_5.2.5 (compiled  http://pastebin.com/m3c02ea6e , ~20 threads started
with lighttps spawn fcgi), very short php scripts are run that use
X-Accell-Redirect to pass control to nginx of file serving
*lighttpd_1.5r2048 (compiled) used for file uploads, due to the progress
meter, fairly stable in production tho its from the svn
*custom php_cli socket deamons for inter server RPC, these are very light

*top http://pastebin.com/m2587b666*
*dstat http://pastebin.com/m2055efd4*
*df http://pastebin.com/m724e52a7*
*vmstat http://pastebin.com/m5cdc2f0b*
**
heres *lighttpd 1.4.18 config* from other servers on network (they are all
pretty much same just differing hosts) http://pastebin.com/m7b1af1e6

now the only thing that changed on this server is lighttpd 1.4.18 was
replaced by nginx, and now the request go thru nginx X-AcellRedirect not
lighttpd's mod_secdownload

the php5 fcgi scripts are very small it check file exists etc, then just
adds a downlaod id into headers for nginx to pick up and passes control onto
nginx the relevant bit is here > http://pastebin.com/m2bcbe7fd

basically the server is capable of pushing above 100mbit easily before, now
the load is high, but this could be due to me setting high number of worker
threads like Igor said and more php-cgi processes floating around

so to summarise I need to figure out how to tweak this so i can move all the
servers from lighttpd to nginx for file downloads

Regards