Deprecated syscall

Fabio Coatti cova at
Fri Feb 29 13:06:10 MSK 2008

With latest linux kernels (can't recall on the spot when I saw this for the
first time, something around 2.6.23.XX I suppose) I get this warning on

warning: process `nginx' used the deprecated sysctl system call with 1.33.

I guess that at this moment this message is not harmful, but in future maybe
it can lead to problems.

maybe a small change in source code can fix this, but I'm not a developer so
I'm only able to report and not to fix, I fear :)

Fabio "Cova" Coatti
Ferrara Linux Users Group
GnuPG fp:9765 A5B6 6843 17BC A646  BE8C FA56 373A 5374 C703
Old SysOps never die... they simply forget their password.