ngx_os_specific_status on Linux and access permission to /proc/sys

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Fri Jan 4 18:01:01 MSK 2008

Hi.

I'm testing mod_wsgi on an Italian hosting company and they reported me
that the Linux kernel they use does not allow the access to /proc/sys.

Now, as far as I can see the information from /proc/sys is used for
information only (printed in the log file), so I think that nginx should
not abort if reading from /proc/sys is not allowed.

Better if the NGX_HAVE_OS_SPECIFIC_INIT is checked in autoconfigure
phase, but nginx can just print:
	OS: unknow (or just Linux?)
in the log.

Not sure if somebody else have this limitation on /proc/sys

Thanks  Manlio Perillo