SSI forwards request method

Larrytheliquid larrytheliquid at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 23:50:07 MSK 2008

I've noticed that when using server side includes, the original document's
request method is used for the includes of the subsequent documents.
I would think that includes should be GET requests, regardless of the
original document's request method (you can't add POST or PUT variables in
the include statements, after all.)
Should that be changed to always use GET?

Regardless, is it possible to change the request method from the Nginx side?

Redefining $request_method as follows seems to be disallowed:

set $request_method GET;
# Compile message:
# 2008/01/08 15:05:48 [emerg] 32758#0: the duplicate "request_method"
variable in /usr/local/nginx/conf/nginx.conf:159

--
Respectfully,
Larry Diehl