nginx mod_wsgi production config

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Fri Jan 11 13:41:13 MSK 2008

mobiledreamers at gmail.com ha scritto:
> http://hg.mperillo.ath.cx/nginx/mod_wsgi/file/tip/README

Just to make sure this is clear: please note that this is an "external"
module and it has nothing to do with nginx (that is, the nginx author
has not reviewed the code).

> Hey guys

Hi.

> we are using nginx + fastcgi with webpy with reasonable success
> but as of late we are see load issues
> and was hoping mod_wsgi will be faster

fastcgi is in multithread or prefork?

> anythoughts?
> any conf files that you guys can share
> experiences

There are some sample configurations files in the `example` directory.
Basically, all you have to do is:

     server {
         listen       8080;
         server_name  localhost;

         include conf/wsgi_vars;

         # stack the middleware you need
         #wsgi_middleware  wsgiref.validate  validator;

         location / {
             wsgi_pass /usr/local/nginx/nginx.py application;

             wsgi_script_reloading on;
         }

This is the minimal configuration.

> thanks