Proxy behind firewall where ports don't match

Casey Rayman casey.rayman at d2sc.com
Wed Jan 23 04:22:47 MSK 2008

I've got a situation where the port being served to the outside world
and the proxy port may not be the same.  e.g. firewall:9000 => nginx:
8080 => realserver:8000

I'm currently using the following line which seems to take care of
everything but the port:
	proxy_redirect  http://realserver:8000 https://$host:9000;

I'd like something like this:
	proxy_redirect  http://realserver:8000 https://$host:$port;

Where $host:$port turns into firewall:9000 for the above example.
I've found variables for both the nginx port and the realserver port,
but can't find anything for the port the client sent the request to.

Thanks,
Casey