PHP, Apache, Mongrel cluster

Thomas iamkenzo at
Fri Jan 25 18:45:53 MSK 2008

Basically here are the steps:

1) Install daemontools, using this documentation: Follow exactly the steps and
use sudo when you think it is needed. It took me a few tries before
correctly installing it. In Ubuntu, the daemontools-installer didn't
work for me.

2) See if svscan is started, if not follow the link I posted for
ubuntu, and replace the dashes in the runlevels with spaces. Now
reboot computer or use: sudo start svscan

3) Then create a directory inside /service I called mine spawn-fcgi,
and inside that directory create a file called run, and use Allen's
template to suit your needs. Make the run file executable.

Then, spawn-fcgi will be automatically started and monitored by
daemontools. Try killing it, and enjoy :-)