[nginx] SSL support and setup

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Sun Jan 27 00:04:59 MSK 2008

On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 12:51:02PM -0800, Adam Zell wrote:

> On Jan 26, 2008 9:30 AM, Igor Sysoev <is at rambler-co.ru> wrote:
>
> > Since introducing shared ssl_session_cache you should use worker_processes
> > equals to CPU numbers. Also SSL keep-alive connections take about 100K
> > per idle connection, so you may disable them.
> >
> > Given that ssl_session_cache is disabled by default in 0.6.xx, what kind
> of negative performance can be expected?  Is there any reason (stability or
> otherwise) not to make shared the default?

The shared ssl_session_cache has no negative performance or stability
problems.

Initially builtin OpenSSL non-shared ssl_session_cache was enabled
only by default. Then it emerged that builtin cache leads to memory
fragmentation, so it should be disabled by default. Then I decided
to choose Apache's mod_ssl default: off.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/