question about proxy_store

eliott eliott at cactuswax.net
Sun Jan 27 06:18:26 MSK 2008

I am having problems with proxy being unable to store pages that do
not have a file extension (such as a directory or "nice url").

1. User requests http://domain.com/page/hello/
2. nginx looks in the root, can not find the page.
3. nginx uses the error page, which then calls a proxy pass inside a location
4. nginx fetches the page.
5. nginx cannot save the results, because it is /page/hello/
   nginx does create the /page/hello/ directory inside the proxy_store
directory though.

####

It could very well be a problem with my configuration. It works for
urls with file extensions.

        location ^~ /fetch/ {
            internal;
            include  proxy.conf;
            proxy_set_header  X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
            proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:9001/;
            proxy_store /var/www/data/domain.com$uri;
            proxy_store_access user:rw group:rw all:r;
        }

        location / {
            root /var/www/data/doman.com/fetch;
            error_page 404 = /fetch$uri;