question about proxy_store

Volodymyr Kostyrko c.kworr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 13:49:38 MSK 2008

Igor Sysoev пишет:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 10:55:19AM +0200, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
>
>> eliott wrote:
>>> I am having problems with proxy being unable to store pages that do
>>> not have a file extension (such as a directory or "nice url").
>>>
>>> 1. User requests http://domain.com/page/hello/
>>> 2. nginx looks in the root, can not find the page.
>>> 3. nginx uses the error page, which then calls a proxy pass inside a
>>> location
>>> 4. nginx fetches the page.
>>> 5. nginx cannot save the results, because it is /page/hello/
>>>   nginx does create the /page/hello/ directory inside the proxy_store
>>> directory though.
>>         location /{
>>                 proxy_pass http://somewhere.com/;
>>                 proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
>>                 proxy_store /home/arcade/www2/$uri#;
>>                 proxy_set_header Host $host;
>>         }
>>
>> Trick is to add some symbol to any path making any url a valid file
>> link. If we do select symbol which would not come in uri at any case we
>> can use as escape symbol.
>>
>> Works for me.
>
> I do no think that http://domain.com/page/hello/%23 is "nice URL".

This seem to work anyway. The file is stored on the local disk and and
in the remote logs i see response 200 turned to 304. The browser is
unaffected and keep displaying the original url.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.