nginx and IE

just starting just.starting at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 03:47:56 MSK 2008

I dont have much idea abt proxies. So please clear the scene for me.

The 2 options that you provided:
>>1) default: responses to the proxied requests are not compressed at all:
>>  gzip_proxied off;
It is the safe option, right. If the user is behind a proxy dont use gzip.
Seems fair enough.

>>2) to allow to cache correctly compressed responses (modern Squids):
>>  gzip_proxied on;
>>  gzip_vary    on;
Now will this work on every condition for all users no matter how their
proxy has been configured.

Thanks,
Rakesh.