Fair Proxy Balancer

Alexander Staubo alex at purefiction.net
Thu Jan 31 13:51:11 MSK 2008

On Jan 31, 2008 4:27 AM, David Pratt <fairwinds at eastlink.ca> wrote:
> Hi. It has been a while since the introduction of fair proxy balancer.
> How stable is it for production use. I was looking at potentially using
> haproxy or lvm but hoping the new balancer is stable enough since I
> don't want to unnecessarily complicate things with even more layers of
> software in the stack. Anyone using it for production that can comment.

We have been running the fair proxy balancer patch in production since
November. We had a problem with an earlier version of the patch in
combination with long-running requests (if you're interested, search
the list archives for my post), but the current one solves this issue.
Other than that it's been smooth sailing.

Alexander.