301

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Jul 2 17:27:05 MSD 2008

Hello!

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 07:43:51AM -0300, Marcos Neves wrote:

>How can I overload the default html output for 301 header code?
>I try this:
>error_page 301 /nginx-default/301.html;
>
>but 301 must be between 400 and 599

http://mdounin.ru/files/patch-nginx-errorpage

Not sure it's still applies cleanly to latest nginx.  This was
written to serve wap/wml sites through nginx (needed since 3xx
replies must be wml for some phones) and basically does
two things:

1. Allows error_page definitions for 3xx codes.

2. Implements correct work of proxy_intercept_errors with 301/302
codes.