Protect streamed files from being downloaded

Rob Schultz rschultz7 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 02:50:36 MSD 2008

yea youtube doesn't hide the url you can use
http://www.youtubedownload.altervista.org/
if you got a url for youtube to access a video then you can download copy
it. What he is more wanting is something like youtube's personal videos.
Where you specifiy what friends can access what video. So limiting to
authorized users.
It was already mentioned in this thread

but to use the
http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpCoreModule#internal directive on a
directory with your flv videos. And then use X-Accel-Redirect header (
http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxXSendfile) to redirect to the internal
location after your application has authenticated them else your can just
send a 403 forbidden header to the client or custom page saying access
denied. *