Forwarding Requests to Multiple Upstream Servers?

Tit Petric black at scene-si.org
Wed Jul 9 13:08:58 MSD 2008

Does nginx support forwarding specific request types (POST request only
for example), to a specific backend?

Handling file propagation from one "master" backend to the other nodes
would be easier than to have it come to a random backend.

For the original poster, I would recommend using a NFS server to share
files between the various backends. Keep in mind that NFS would be
slower than a local file system, so I would advise keeping a
file&directory index in the database, to avoid some basic problems. As
far as reading and writing files goes, I've had very little problems
over the years with a setup that uses NFS extensively.

Best regards,
Tit