Forwarding Requests to Multiple Upstream Servers?

Sven C. Koehler schween at snafu.de
Thu Jul 10 10:50:29 MSD 2008

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 09:50:56PM +0200, piespy wrote:
> On 7/9/08, Sven C. Koehler <schween at snafu.de> wrote:
> >  I am wondering whether it's possible from within an nginx module to
> >  forward a request to multiple upstream servers....
>
> You can multiply one request to go to many servers using SSI.
>
> Make the POST target location enable SSI, and be a document like this:
>
> <!--# include virtual="/server1/upload" -->

Thanks for the idea piespy!  In my case I want to do this from inside a
module.  I've read a little in nginx's source code and saw that
ngx_http_ssi_include handles these SSI requests and then does a call to
ngx_http_subrequest, which I assume I could call also directly in my
module without actually using SSI document...

-S.