simple module question

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at
Fri Jul 11 23:46:44 MSD 2008

Valery Kholodkov ha scritto:
> Hi!
> In my patch for processing uploads you can find an API to process
> multipart/form-data bodies:
> What you need are files upload.c and upload.h.

> I'm actually working now on the next version of this module which will
> be able to cut out and store uploaded files in temporal directory and
> proxy the remaining part of the body to a backend with brief information
> about files uploaded.

My idea is to:
1) Modify the content-type from multipart/form-data to
2) Any non file parts are urlencoded and written to the new body
3) Files are written to temporary files, and in the new body is written:
    where name is the field name and path is the temporary path used to
    store the file.

With this method an application needs only to care about urlencoded
request body.

> However I'm now faced with a curious problem regarding nginx internals
> and I expect a solution in 1-2 weeks.

Manlio Perillo