new release from counting users

Raul Rivero rivero at
Mon Jul 14 18:29:46 MSD 2008

Hi all,

Today, we [] released our patches to sign cookies, httponly
property and add user name to the ngx_http_userid_filter_module's cookies.

The summary:

   * Two new options:

         userid_secretforsign  "0ur-S3CRet.HerE!";
         userid_httponly       on;

   * So, the new syntax of "unauthenticated" (1) cookie is:

   * The "authenticated cookie" (2) is:

     With a syntax for <more_data> like:

   * Then, when the sign of (1) or (2) is verified, two new enviroment
variables could be sent to backend:

         IDUSR ---> the <NGINX_cookie>
         NAMEUSR -> the <userName>

     So, the backend knows nothing about authetication and all work is
done by Nginx.

You have a complete description and the patch in:

This is our second release of new modules or patches to Nginx. The first
one was a new module to clean HTML, delete special comments and add a
block of HTML after the <body> tag (more info in

Raul Rivero      | Micromedios Digitales                      |
Director Tecnico | Cochabamba, 11, bajo. Madrid, 28016. Spain |         | Email: rivero at  Tel: +34 911420000 |