Using Content-MD5 header

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Fri Jul 25 14:12:03 MSD 2008

Valery Kholodkov ha scritto:
> Manlio Perillo wrote:
>
>> Each HTTP request is handled via successive phases.
>>  From src/ngx_http_core_module.h:
>>
>> typedef enum {
>>      NGX_HTTP_POST_READ_PHASE = 0,
>>
>>      NGX_HTTP_SERVER_REWRITE_PHASE,
>>
>>      NGX_HTTP_FIND_CONFIG_PHASE,
>>      NGX_HTTP_REWRITE_PHASE,
>>      NGX_HTTP_POST_REWRITE_PHASE,
>>
>>      NGX_HTTP_PREACCESS_PHASE,
>>
>>      NGX_HTTP_ACCESS_PHASE,
>>      NGX_HTTP_POST_ACCESS_PHASE,
>>
>>      NGX_HTTP_CONTENT_PHASE,
>>
>>      NGX_HTTP_LOG_PHASE
>> } ngx_http_phases;
>
> I have certainly read this code and I can generally guess what it is
> supposed to mean. But to write production code I would like to know what
> is being performed at each of the phases and what the handler at each
> phase can do with the request.

All I have done is read some Nginx modules.
You can grep these enum names inside the Nginx source code.

I only know what it is done in PREACCESS, ACCESS, CONTENT and LOG
phases, since the modules http_realip, http_access, index_module and
log_module are quite simple and it is where you may want to run your module

Manlio Perillo