nginx and self-healing S3 static hosting

jeff emminger jemminger at
Wed Jul 30 01:06:13 MSD 2008

Not necessarily what you're asking, but services like
can do automatic DNS failover.  Set up to point to
your s3 bucket.   dnsmadeeasy (or similar) monitors your s3 bucket,
and switches DNS to your backup if it goes down.  Your app only ever
has to point to