Am I going crazy? Mixing auth and PHP...

mike mike503 at
Tue Jun 3 04:11:38 MSD 2008 - prompts for auth like it should - bypasses http auth

the .php is being matched and the other location is ignored completely?

        server {
                listen 80;
                index index.php index.html;
                root /home/foo/web/;
                location /reports {
                    auth_basic "Reports";
                    auth_basic_user_file /home/foo/web/;
                location ~ \.php {
                        fastcgi_index index.php;

Anything wrong here?

How can I get auth working for the whole /reports dir? I tried even
putting in the exact /reports/report.php URL in a location block, a
regexp ^/reports etc...