Using HTTP 1.1 with the backend server

Björn Keil deephell at web.de
Tue Jun 3 17:38:09 MSD 2008

Hello,

I am having problems with a setup of nginx as Reverse Proxy / Load
Balancer / SSL Wrapper for a couple of Apache webservers.

The originally requested hostname gets lost due to the use of HTTP 1.0
instead of HTTP 1.1 on the conversation with the backend server. Thus,
the server assumes "ServerName" (in the Apache config), even though one
of the Aliases would be correct.

I could probably avoid the problem if I added an additianal header with
the requested hostname, but I would prefer passing the original HTTP 1.1
request as is to the backend server. Is that somehow makeable?

Thanks
Björn