Nginx health checks

Barry Abrahamson barry at automattic.com
Wed Jun 11 03:15:53 MSD 2008

On Jun 10, 2008, at 6:15 PM, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
> With which http server on the backend?

A mixture of Litespeed, apache, and lighttpd.

>>> One of the coolest / best feature of nginx is that he deliver the
>>> static content as fast a possible from he disc ;-))
>>>
>>> What I don't understand why you don't use this feature, due the fact
>>> that, as far as I understand, you deliver ALL the content thru the
>>> application, also the static one.
>>
>> Most of our content is dynamic.  Static content is not served through
>> the application.
>
> Also not the css,js, images, movies, ...?!

Most of the css/js is static and served via a CDN.  The origin servers
for this stuff are currently running lighttpd, but I will probably
switch them to nginx at some point.   The images and movies are
currently served through php with some caching in front courtesy of
Varnish.

> Well, I don't know what I should write ;-)

What about HAProxy and Nginx?  It sounds like you have some
interesting experiences to share.

--
Barry Abrahamson | Systems Wrangler | Automattic
Blog: http://barry.wordpress.com