Nginx health checks

Rt Ibmer rtibmx at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 04:08:20 MSD 2008

This topic seems to come up from time to time. I was very surprised when I moved to nginx to find out that it is very limited in its self-monitoring / restoration approach when used as a load balancer.  Nginx is fantastic and very robust seemingly in every way except this area. Unfortunately it is an important area.

A while back Francois (I think?) was talking about making a module to make for integrated centralized reporting of status for nginx that could then be hooked into.  It then feel silent. I hope to see something like this emerge from these talks but always seems to disapate after a while and we are left with bandaid appraoches instead of a true solution.