Nginx health checks

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 02:07:24 MSD 2008

On 6/11/08, Aleksandar Lazic <al-nginx at none.at> wrote:

> I'am quite instrested into expirience with mogilefs and nginx ;-), do
> you need help?
>
> Aleks

There might need to be a patch or two added to nginx for seamless
nginx/MogileFS integration. I am not sure.

There's been interest and funding pledged from myself and Engine Yard:
http://marc.info/?l=nginx&m=120950783121201&w=2

I can't find a good full thread list of the discussion/my ideas, but
here's the place with ALL of the mentions of mogilefs:
http://marc.info/?l=nginx&w=2&r=1&s=mogilefs&q=b

Some specific posts:
http://marc.info/?l=nginx&m=120902903131858&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=nginx&m=120968070404391&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=nginx&m=120965618429262&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=nginx&m=120952941317717&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=nginx&m=120952315710511&w=2

Someone who knows C, working together with dormando from danga to
understand the best interaction methods could possibly whip up a very
low-overhead easy way to skip interacting with a middle tier (PHP,
Perl, Python, etc) and have nginx talk directly to MogileFS instances
and have a damn scalable solution.

I already have nginx being used as the mogstored webdav server
(instead of using perlbal) and it seems to work well. I'm just looking
for the frontend mapping of

user GET -> somehow resolves to mogilefs key -> ask mogilefs tracker
-> get location -> tell nginx to reproxy it to that URL