mod_rails aka mod_rack aka mod_ruby

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at
Thu Jun 12 12:24:48 MSD 2008

Dan M ha scritto:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Thomas <iamkenzo at> wrote:
>> If you want a web server that can handle rails, use
>> apache+mod_passenger. If you want php, then use apache+mod_php.
>> There are so many advantages of separating mongrel from nginx (for
>> instance), so for once and for all leave Nginx as lean and efficient
>> as possible, that's the way I love it.
> Agree. People who want mod_whatever do not understand that it's bad design.

This can not be generalized.

The main problem is that separating the main server from the application
server means that you need to implement another server!

Implementing a robust/scalable/efficient server is not an easy task, so
using mod_whatever is the best solution (assuming, of course, that the
application is designed to taking advantage of being embedded in a server).

Manlio Perillo